What is the Sharon Churchwell Fund? The Service subcommittee established this fund in honor of a dedicated young service trip leader whose commitment to the outdoor experience—and to service trips in particular—continues to be an inspiration to our leaders, cooks, and participants. This fund helps young people (aged 18-25) go on service outings for just $95.
In 2014, we're running the following Sharon Churchwell Fund trips:
- Grand Views and Wildlife: Service in the Gros Ventre Wilderness, Wyoming
- Service with the Seven Devils, Hells Canyon Wilderness, Idaho
- John Muir Wilderness Trail Restoration, California
- Wildflower Extravaganza, Eagle Cap Wilderness, Oregon
- Glacier National Park, Crown of the Continent, Montana
How do I register for a Sharon Churchwell trip? Please call our reservations line at 415-977-5522. Funding is limited, so don't wait til the last minute!
How do I donate? Please make checks payable to the Sierra Club Foundation and write Sharon Churchwell Fund on the memo line.
Send donations to: Sierra Club Outings, 85 Second St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Are donations to the Sharon Churchwell Fund tax deductible? Yes. All donations are tax deductible under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
If you are interested in making other tax deductible donations, please see our Donations and Contributions page.
Thank you for considering a donation to the Sharon Churchwell Fund!