Want to know where we're headed in the future? Sign up for our Explorer newsletter for monthly roundups of the very best new and featured trips.
1) Everglades National Park, Florida
Kayak a subtropical wilderness, home to exotic wildlife, warm breezes, beaches, and countless small islands.
2) Na Pali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii
Discover this chiseled coastline on challenging kayak excursions and day hikes to waterfalls.
3) Olympic National Park, Washington
Explore rainforests, beaches, rivers, lakes, and hot springs in one of the most diverse ecosystems in the country.
4) Current River, Ozark National Scenic Riverways, Missouri
Perfect for US history buffs, this mighty river supports diverse wildlife, old river towns, and many historic attractions.
5) Adirondack State Park, New York
Raft the Hudson River Gorge, swim in clear lakes, and canoe the scenic waterways in the largest park in the continental United States.