- Spending time outdoors makes you happier and healthier.
- Volunteering helps you make new friends, expand your network, and boost your personal and professional skills.
- Designing trips that reflect your interests and passions to create eye-opening experiences for others is rewarding.
- Connecting your community -- including under-represented people in the conservation movement -- to the outdoors can help protect the environment.
- Decide how you want to lead; outdoors or behind the scenes -- or both!
- Learn what opportunities await you and apply on our Volunteer Opportunities Page.
- Ready to get trained? Start now by visiting our Resources page.
"It's always a thrill to help people who look at these trails in Canyon de Chelly and say that there is no way they can make it up them. I feel great being able to reply with a gentle, 'Just follow me, we'll take our time and we'll all make it together.' The new sense of accomplishment and self-esteem that one has after completing a trip is just wonderful."
—Ann Daigle, National Outings Leader